Cashless claim facility is a service that you can avail at network hospitals, which have a tie-up with your insurance company. This facility allows you to avail the best medical services without having to dispense cash out of your pocket.
Cashless Claim Process:
- Approach the network hospital with your policy details.
- The hospital will verify the details provided by you and send a pre-authorization form to your insurance company.
- The insurance company will verify the pre-authorization request and convey the policy coverage and other details to the hospital.
- Now, the insurance company may approve or reject the pre-authorization request. It may also send a query letter to the hospital, requesting for more details.
- If the pre-authorization is rejected, then you will have to bear the expenses of the treatment, which you might be able to get reimbursed later.
- In case your insurer sends a query letter to the hospital, they will have to send the additional information as requested by the insurance company.
- If the pre-authorization gets approved, then the treatment starts. And after you get discharged from the hospital, the final bill and discharge papers are sent to the insurance company. They will settle the final amount after deducting the copayment (if applicable) and the consumable expenses.
Note: Pre-authorization does not guarantee that all costs and expenses will be covered. Your insurance company reviews the claim thoroughly and accordingly the medical insurance coverage is determined, based on the terms and conditions of your policy.
You can search for our network hospitals just by selecting the state and city, where you want to get the treatment.
You are already in a stressful situation when you are undergoing a medical treatment. Health care bill payments will just add to your worries in this situation. The best option in such scenarios is to let your insurers take care of your expenses while you get the medical attention you need at the best hospitals of your city. Choose the best health insurance plan with suitable top-up cover and insure yourself and your family.