Vasant Panchami, is a festival celebrated in Magh, which is the 10th month in Hindu calendar. According to the Gregorian calendar, it corresponds to the months of January/February. The festival is celebrated in India to mark the beginning of the pleasant weather of spring season after the winter season has left everything dry and cold.
Significance of Vasant Panchami
On this day people in India worship Goddess Saraswati, who is the goddess of knowledge, wisdom, art, culture and music. This day is considered very auspicious, especially from the perspective of young children and students. Children & students on this day seek blessings from Goddess Saraswati to gain knowledge & prosperity.
Celebrations on Vasant Panchami
The celebrations on this 5th day (Panchami) of Magh include the following festivities:
- Dressing in yellow attires – Wearing yellow on Vasant Panchami signifies the vibrant life that spring season will be bringing. Also, during this time of the year, the fields in India bloom with the yellow mustard flowers, which increases the significance of the yellow color.
- Worshipping Goddess Saraswati – Students & young children seek blessings for gaining knowledge and wisdom by praying to Goddess Saraswati. Stationery items such as pencils, pens, and books, which are considered as the symbols of knowledge are also worshipped on this day.
- Preparing delicious and traditional sweets — The traditional sweets prepared on this day are yellow in color corresponding to the significance of yellow color on Vasant Panchami. All the sweets are made of saffron (Kesar) in order to give them the natural yellow color.
- Flying kites – Like Makar Sankranti, people enjoy this day by flying kites and aspiring to reach the high skies just like the beautiful and colorful kites that they are flying.
Buy Insurance on Vasant Panchami
On Vasant Panchami, apart from investing in knowledge and wisdom, it is also good to start investing in insurance policies. For instance, the early you start investing in health insurance, the extensive coverage you get. Similarly, if you are planning to learn driving a two wheeler, then you should get a two wheeler insurance policy and also have complete knowledge about the same. Also, in this technologically driven world, what every individual needs today is the security of cyber insurance.
Let us elaborate some of the features and benefits of these insurance policies, so that you can choose them cautiously and at the right time.
Starting to invest in health insurance when you are young is very beneficial. With low premium costs and the extensive coverages, there are many more advantages if you start health insurance early. We recommend that you begin with Bajaj Allianz’s individual health insurance policy, which has the following features and benefits:
- Covers pre and post hospitalization expenses
- Cashless claim facility at 6000+ network hospitals
- Facility for extended family coverage
- Policy term for 1, 2 and 3 years
- Covers ambulance charges
- Tax saving benefits under section 80 D of the Income Tax Act
Two Wheeler Insurance
While growing up everyone has a dream to ride their first bike as soon as possible. But it is illegal in India to drive your two wheeler before you turn 18 years old. But, before you start measuring lengths with your dream bike, always remember to have a two wheeler insurance. You can check out Bajaj Allianz’s two wheeler insurance, which has the following features and benefits:
- Coverage in the following scenarios:
- Loss/damage done to your vehicle due to natural calamities
- Loss/damage done to your vehicle by any other circumstances like theft, burglary, riots etc.
- Personal accident cover
- Third party cover
- Easy purchase and renewal process
- Hassle-free claim settlement
- 24×7 service and claim support
- Option to buy various add-on covers
Nowadays, people are hooked to the internet for most of the day. This gives them the opportunity to learn and be social but it also exposes them to threats like cyber-attacks. Thus, it is in your best interest to purchase a cyber insurance policy that can safeguard you from the potentials risks that the internet brings with it. We at Bajaj Allianz offer India’s first Individual Cyber Safe Insurance policy. Following are some of the features and benefits of this insurance policy:
- Coverage against 10 major cyber-attacks:
- Affordable premium rates
- SI options from INR 1 lakh to INR 1 crore
- Counselling services
- IT consultant services
Celebrate the festival of Vasant Panchami with full zeal and seek blessings from Goddess Saraswati to keep you and your family protected and knowledgeable.
Secure your future with Bajaj Allianz’s insurance policies on this auspicious day and enjoy your life worry-free.
Visit our website to get in-depth information about these and many more insurance plans.