|To register an insurance claim with us, you need to follow a simple and easy process. Follow the steps listed below:
To locate the closest Bajaj Allianz Preferred Garage, visit Garage Locator
Toll Free: 1800-22-5858 | 1800-102-5858 | 020-30305858
Step 1: Park the vehicle safely
Shift the vehicle safely to the side of the road to avoid further damage, and intimate the Bajaj Allianz General Insurance call centre for further advice. Please do not remove the damaged vehicle from the spot of the accident, without recommendation, as we may carry out spot inspection to verify the cause, circumstances, responsibility and admissible loss.
Step 2: Intimate Bajaj Allianz
- Intimate the call centre to seek advice:
- 1-800-22-5858 -( Toll Free) – BSNL / MTNL Land Line
- 1-800-102-5858 -( Toll Free) – Bharti / Airtel
- 020 – 30305858
- Or – SMS ‘MOTOR CLAIM’ to 9860685858 and we will call you back.
- You can also send an e-mail to email@example.com
When you register your claim, you will need to provide the following information:
- Complete policy number
- Name of the insured (vehicle owner)
- Name of the driver
- Insured’s (vehicle owner’s) contact number
- Place of accident
- Vehicle registration number
- Vehicle type & model
- Brief description of the accident
- Date and time of the accident
- Where the vehicle is lying currently.
- Other details asked by the call centre personnel
Note: Once the claim is registered, the customer support executive will provide you with a Claim Reference Number. You will be updated through SMS on every stage of the claim OR you can call our Toll Free Number – 1800-209-5858 and quote the Claim Reference Number to know the status of your claim.
Step 3: Shift the vehicle to a repair shop
- Avail special services (limited cities only) – ask our call centre for details on complementary towing / pick up of the damaged vehicle by towing agency.
- Use our preferred / tie-up garages for timely quality repair, cashless facility and value added services. Note: It is advantageous to repair your vehicle at Bajaj Allianz Preferred Workshops. To locate the nearest Bajaj Allianz Preferred Garage, visit Garage Locator
Step 4: Hand over documents to surveyor / garage
You need to submit the following documents:
- Filled claim form with contact numbers, mobile number and email id (given in booklet).
- Proof of insurance – policy / cover note
- Copy of registration book , tax receipt (please furnish original for verification)
- Copy of motor driving license with original of the person driving the vehicle at the time of accident.
- Police panchanama / FIR (in case of third party property damage / death / bodily injury)
- Estimate of repair from the repairer.
A surveyor will inspect the vehicle at the workshop. It is advisable to be present in workshop during surveyor’s visit. Please provide requisite documents to surveyor. The approved claim amount and deductions through CAC sheet (claim amount confirmation) will be made available to the garage before delivery date of the vehicle. You may ask for the same from the repairer.
Step 5: Reimbursement and claim settlement
In case the vehicle is being repaired at a Bajaj Allianz Preferred Workshop, the payment will be made directly to the garage and you are required to pay only the difference as per bill, if any. For all garages other than preferred garages, you are required to settle the bill with the workshop and submit bills along with the documents to the nearest Bajaj Allianz office for reimbursement as per surveyor’s report.
Note: You are advised to contact the nearest Bajaj Allianz office in case of any claim-related query and not the call centre.
Reimbursement takes approximately 7 days / 30 days (for net of loss) from the date of submission of final bill, provided all documents are in order and within policy purview.
Special note: In case of injury to third party / damage to property
- Please assist the injured person and shift him/her to the nearest hospital.
- Report the matter to the nearest police station and obtain a copy of FIR.
- Do not make any promises or offer compensation to any third party who may be involved in the accident on behalf of Bajaj Allianz. Such promises are not binding on Bajaj Allianz
- Inform Bajaj Allianz about the third party injury or damage by calling our call center on the numbers provided above.
Documents required in case of injury or damage to property:
- Claim form duly signed by the insured
- Police FIR copy
- Driving license copy**
- Policy copy
- RC copy of the vehicle
- Stamp required in case of company registered vehicle’s original documents
Special note: In case of a theft
- Report the claim to call centre within 24 hours of the theft.
- File FIR within 24 hours and obtain a copy.
- Bajaj Allianz may depute an investigator to verify facts and collect necessary documents as mentioned in the claim form.
- If the claim is admissible, then Bajaj Allianz office may require documents for transferring the rights of the vehicle in the name of the company. You may get in touch with nearest office for details.
- The process may take a minimum of 3 months if all the requirements are met and documents are in order, including non-traceable report from court / police.
Documents required in case of theft claims:
- Claim form duly signed by the insured
- RC copy of the vehicle with all original keys
- Driving license copy
- Original policy copy
- Original FIR copy of the complete theft report
- RTO transfer papers, duly signed along with Form numbers 28, 29, 30 and 35 (if hypothecated)
- Final report – A no-trace report from the police saying that the vehicle cannot be located
Did you know that not making a claim on your motor car insurance can help lower your premium? To know more, click here!