Every year since 1988, December 1st is celebrated as World AIDS Day. This day commemorates the deceased who passed away due to this disease and it aims to spread awareness about AIDS (Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome), a condition caused due to the spreading of HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus).
World AIDS Day was first initiated by WHO (World Health Organization) with an aim to educate people all over the globe about this disease and ways to prevent and control its spread.
Every year this global health day marks the celebration of World AIDS Day with appropriate themes to raise awareness about AIDS and its prevention, treatment, care & support. This year, the theme of World AIDS day is ‘Know Your Status’. The theme is in line with the estimation that there are about 9.4 million people living in the world who are infected with HIV who do not know their status.
The fear of getting positively tested and the social stigma associated with AIDS discourages people to take an HIV test. Though the results of the tests are kept confidential, many people are still hesitant to know their HIV status.
In these thirty years many events, campaigns, promotions and programmes have been organized all over the world in order to educate people about the various aspects related to AIDS. People have also been provided numerous opportunities to get themselves tested and get a clear understanding of their HIV status.
How to observe the 30th anniversary of World AIDS Day?
- You can encourage people to go and get their HIV status checked at the various HIV prevention, treatment & care services.
- You can organize events and campaigns in your school, college and organization to spread awareness about the prevention of AIDS and the medical attention that is given to the patients infected from HIV.
- You can arrange a play with an aim to reduce the stigma associated with AIDS and educate people about inclusion of people affected with HIV in the community.
- You can buy and sport red ribbons and brooches, which are universal symbol of awareness & support for people infected with HIV, to show your support towards the cause of international World AIDS Day.
- You can help raise funds to end the negativity associated with AIDS and contribute to take care of infected persons.
- You can also show your support by using popular social media handles on your social media accounts.
On the 30th anniversary of World AIDS Day, we urge you to know your status by visiting the nearest HIV care center or a hospital and get yourself tested. today if you follow some healthy practices. Also, there are many drugs available in the market to control the growth of this deadly virus.
AIDS is just one of the deadly viruses. But there are many critical illnesses that can plague a person and lead to severe financial depletion. And we offer a solution for that.
We recommend that you buy a critical illness health insurance policy that can safeguard your finances in case you or your loved ones are diagnosed with a critical illness. You can check out various features, coverages and benefits offered by different health insurance plan on our website.